The Southwest Management District (SWMD) Comments and Posting Policy
The following policies apply to the SWMD Facebook fan page:
• The SWMD page is designed to promote the work of the District programs and projects, and the positive promotion of the businesses and District and partner events and happenings within the boundaries of SWMD.
• SWMD will delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
• SWMD will delete comments that are clearly off-topic or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
• Links to other sites, not approved by the SWMD, are viewed as spam and will be removed.
• Communications made via the Facebook fan page will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the SWMD.
• The SWMD page is not to be used for any position that can be deemed as negative to the District or any of its board members, consultants, or others who work with the District in any capacity. The administrators of the social media feeds are authorized to remove any negative comments and direct them to the Executive Director or legal counsel of the District.
• Any personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers of commenters will be removed from the Facebook fan page wall.
• SWMD does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments that do not adhere to these standards.
The SWMD has provided a “Contact Us” page via the District website and that is the appropriate place to ask questions of the District and its work.
Established June 2010.