Gather your family, friends, coworkers, church members or organization members to form your team of 8 for Walk Across Texas (WAT).
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Harris County is hosting a Walk Across Texas! Challenge March 13 through May 7, 2022. WAT is a free, 8-week program for teams of up to 8 working together to reach the 832-mile goal. WAT is designed to encourage fitness for all by developing a habit of regular physical activity in a fun and rewarding way.
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Harris County invites you to create a team for Walk Across Texas! and join the Harris County League. The League Code is watL-220127-99005. The Registration deadline is March 20, 2022.
To create a team, please follow these instructions:
1. Create or log into your Howdy Health account at https://howdyhealth.org/programs
2. Click the Dashboard button under the WAT! Adult section
3. Click the 'Create a Team' button.
4. Complete the create a team form and select a start date of March 13, 2022
5. Invite friends, family, and coworkers to join your team (Don't forget to collect their email addresses).
6. If you will be participating as a member on the team, select the option to join the team once created
7. You are now ready to join the Harris County WAT! Challenge
There is also a short video describing the process here: https://howdyhealth.org/programs/tutorials/album/2-wat-adult-tutorials
Harris County AgriLife will award great prizes weekly to active participants and the top league team completing the 832-mile challenge. Everyone is welcome to participate and take the first step to a healthier life!