Family Support Coordinator/Community Program & Peer Network Coordinator
KBR - Camp Lejeune, NC
The Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator, herein referred as Coordinator(s), is responsible for comprehensive and effective coordination, development, and evaluation of programs and services that contribute directly and positively to resiliency of the assigned unit’s force and families. The Coordinator shall organize and oversee peer support networks for their assigned commands. The Coordinator shall recruit active duty and family member peer support counselors, ensure participating peer support counselors are vetted and trained according to USSOCOM CPPNC standards.
The Coordinators shall be responsible for collecting and reporting data for the purposes of formative and outcome evaluations of peer support programs and other community-based support programs. Coordinators shall collect original data and data from secondary sources in support of program assessments. This data includes, but is not limited to focus group and/or unit meetings convened by leadership; POTFF Family Resilience Program evaluation results; trend information from POTFF Psychologist, Chaplains, Ombudsmen, or Family Readiness Group (FRG) staff.
Coordinators shall support commands at multiple levels and in multiple locations. The Coordinator shall identify and document program/service needs and evaluation data. The Coordinator shall develop needs-based programming to service specific demographic groups and geographic locations. The Coordinator shall also have extensive knowledge of DoD resources, such as the Military OneSource, Military Family Life Counselors (MFLC), Personal Financial Counselors (PFC), and Military Crisis Line. The Coordinator shall lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or development of official processes, functions and networking opportunities for subpopulations served. Coordinators shall:
• Establish, maintain, and report activity of peer counseling networks for supported unit’s Service members and family member spouses.
• Report activity using specified reporting tool and frequency identified by the Social Performance program manager or other POTFF staff as required
• Conduct and/or contribute to Family Orientation, Information, Outreach and Referrals;
• Conduct and/or contribute to Pre- and Post-deployment Preparation, Reintegration, and Decompression
• Conduct and/or contribute to Family Relational Enhancement activities
• Conduct and/or contribute to unit level career transition programs for military members and spouses
• Conduct and/or contribute to Social/Family and Psychological Program implementation to include su***de prevention and cognitive agility training; Maintain awareness of and conduct or contribute to education/communication of installation and/or local community behavioral health and resiliency resources;
• Assist with development of standard operating procedures and service provision protocols
• Serve as Commander’s liaison for matters related to community and family support
• Communicate on behalf of the Command utilizing a variety of media/social media
• Maintain awareness of emergency response protocols.
The contractor shall possess a bachelor’s degree in education, human/social services or related field or four years’ experience providing social service education, or work/family life consultation or coordination services. The contractor shall have a minimum of two years’ experience coordinating social service education programs. The contractor shall have, or be willing to receive, specialized training on peer support counseling, community resources and referrals and su***de prevention. The contractor shall remain current on their knowledge of best practices and developments in areas of peer support counseling and su***de prevention, and will keep abreast of DoD, Services and community sponsored resources intended to promote the wellbeing of service members and their families.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, s*x, s*xual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR - Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
NO FEDERAL OR USMC ENDORSEMENT IMPLIED
Title:Family Support Coordinator/Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator (CPPNC)(Camp Lejeune, NC) Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator (CPPNC) Responsibilities The Community Program and Peer Network Coordinator, herein referred as Coordinator(s), is responsible for comprehensive...