If you're looking for the official source of information about the U.S. Geological Survey, please visit the USGS homepage at http://usgs.gov/.
We welcome your comments and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We reserve the ability to delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
personal information including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
- comments which may cause public panic or falsely cite the deployment of emergency services (e.g., "major earthquake to strike Los Angeles in next 24 hours!").
In short: be nice, be mature, and add to the discussion. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please email us.
Note: If we do delete comments from this page, or associated USGS profiles, for violating our Comment Policy above, we will not collect any personal information related to the comment. We will only collect the comment itself. If we delete a comment, we will remove any personal information contained within that comment to the best of our ability, before capturing it.
Content that we can remove from our Page includes status updates, comments, mentions, cross-posts, notes, or any other user-supplied content which is posted to the USGS page or any of it's modules or sections.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when USGS Science in New Jersey posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.