Scouting at the Zoo moved to September 4 - 6.
Good Afternoon Scouting the Zoo Family,
As always, we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there. While we are happy to see a little positive news starting to float around, it is unlikely that things would be back normal in time enough to prepare and present the best possible event for everyone. Based on that, we feel it’s best to postpone Scouting the Zoo until the fall.
We’ve been in constant communication with the Milwaukee County Zoo and have been coordinating with the council professional staff and volunteer leadership the past few weeks. After some juggling of other events, we have settled on Labor Day Weekend (September 4-6) as the new date for Scouting the Zoo. With how things are shaping up for the fall, this was the best date that would work for the zoo and the Scouting program.
We know that this date may not be ideal for everyone, but we area also excited about hosting our event during a different time of the year. The structure of the event will remain the same running from the evening of Friday, September 4, 2020 through the early morning of Sunday, September 6, 2020 so that leaves a good portion of the holiday weekend for those fall chores or family events.
We will be rolling out new registration deadlines and updating event timeframes over the next few days, along with mapping out options for refunds and re-confirmation of campsite numbers so we can accurately capture event intentions and such. We know everyone will have a lot of questions so we ask that you be patient with us while we put the finishing touches on those plans. We just wanted to get the word out to all of you as fast as possible about the date change and our intent to postpone, not cancel, the event we've all grown to love. To assist with laying out the new dates and plans, we will be hosting a conference call this week Thursday at 7:00 p.m. and will release those details soon. The online meeting will be designed for unit organizers and those interested in registration deadlines, campsite confirmations, and possible refunds.
We will continue to update you all here, and post new resources as they are developed. All units (paid or campsite reserved) should also receive some sort of e-mail in the near future so that we can confirm where we are at.
Thank you for your continued interest in the event and we hope everyone remains understanding patient in this time of uncertainty. As we’ve said before, this is time when Scouting spirit can really shine and while we are sad about the necessity to move the event, we are confident that the integrity of the program will remain strong and are excited to show our Scouts, and the public, just how amazing and resilient Scouting is. Much more to follow!
Yours in Scouting,
Doug Reed II
Scouting the Zoo Chair