Thirty years ago, this department was created with a mission to make homes healthier for children. Thirty years later, the outcomes and achievements are clear.
• We advised property owners to make over $1 million in maintenance and property improvements for the safety & well-being of tenants.
• We achieved a 57% reduction in asthma-related hospitalizations through home interventions.
• We assessed over 10,000 homes with young children where hazards were identified & abated.
• We worked to put 85% of property owners into compliance by addressing their properties' health & safety hazards.
• We trained over 2,000 people in lead-safe work practices & healthy homes principles.
• We remediated lead hazards and asthma triggers from more than 2,200 homes.
• Formed amazing partnerships to help make homes healthier for children.
Learn more about the impacts of the Alameda County Healthy Homes Department over the past 30 years, including resources for keeping your home healthy, at www.achhd.org.
#withyouthenwithyounow #anniversary #alamedacounty #california #healthyhomes #leadpoisoningprevention