OLD BRIDGE ANIMAL SHELTER SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
This is the official page of the Old Bridge Animal Shelter. This page exists to provide access to information about the Old Bridge Animal Shelter and to provide a platform for the interaction with the Shelter according to the guidelines outlined herewith. Posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
In case of emergency, please dial 911.
• Do not use this page to report an animal that is currently in danger, being abused or harmed. To report a crime to an animal, please call (732) 721-4000.
• “Friending” or “following” of a citizen by the Animal Shelter does not indicate an endorsement of that citizen’s actions or comments.
• Comments posted by others on this page are not to be considered the opinion of the Township of Old Bride; nor does the Township of Old Bridge endorse any third-party commenters on this page.
• This Agency has the sole discretion and reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined in the sole discretion of the Agency and by the Agency.
• If you are looking for more information about the Old Bridge Animal Shelter, please visit www.oldbridge.com
Moderation of Third-Party Content*
This Agency’s social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) if, at the sole discretion of the Agency, the content is deemed inappropriate. The following are examples and not an all-inclusive list:
• Post is off-subject or out of context (comments should be related to the posted topic)
• Contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
• Contains disparaging information about an employee of this agency
• Contains offensive terms that target protected classes
• Is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
• Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
• Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual(s) or public safety
• Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
• Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates OR disparages any person campaigning for election to a political office.
• Personal attacks of any kind
• Comments or posts that are repetitive
• Hyperlinks to third party websites, unless posted by the Old Bridge Animal Shelter approved authorized staff users for links to partnered/sponsored organizations and bona-fide government agencies, or legitimate organizations as this Agency deems appropriate.
*This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time without any prior notice.
Public Record Law
Agency social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to agency business, including communication posted by the Agency and communication received from citizens, is a public record. The Department maintaining the site is responsible for responding completely and accurately to any public records request for social media content.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Old Bridge Animal Shelter posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.