Metroplex Tamil Sangam- ELECTION GUIDELINES AND PROCESS
Dear MTS Members,
The Election process to select Office Bearers for 2021 - 2022 has started.
If you are planning to vote and/or contest for MTS Elections 2021 - 2022, you must be a paid member of MTS.
**********GUIDELINES AND PROCESS******
Who can Vote?
1. All Paid members of MTS 2020
2. Anyone who becomes Paid member for 2021 on or before Nov 26th, 2020.
1. A single/student membership will have 1 Vote.
2. Family membership will have 2 votes.
3. Extended Family will have 2 Votes
4. VIP Membership will have 2 Votes
Who can contest?
1. All Paid members of MTS 2020/2021 as of Nov 20th 2020.
2. Every nomination should be seconded by a Paid member of MTS 2020 or 2021.
3. Positions per By law:
When does the nomination end?
1. Nominations will be accepted from Nov 22nd, 2020 6 am CST till Nov 24th, 2020 6 pm CST.
2. A separate link will be prepared for filing nominations using Google Forms
3. Withdrawal of nominations can be done until Nov 25th, 6 PM CST.
4. Nominations will be validated by Election Officers and list of candidates will be published to all Paid members 2020/2021 (who joined on or before Nov 26th, 2020) via email from MTS email and on MTS Facebook on Nov 27th, 2020.
How to submit Nominations?
Click here to submit nominations
How can the candidate campaign?
1. Each accepted candidate will be provided with the list of Paid MTS 2020/2021 Members with phone numbers & email address.
2. Each candidate accepting to use the list of MTS Members of 2020/2021 will sign a confidentiality agreement.
3. The MTS member information should be used by Candidates purely for MTS elections ONLY.
4. Interested Candidates can have their campaign video (3 min) published on MTS page.
How can the members vote?
Due to the current Covid situation, the elections will be conducted electronically.
Electronic voting will start on Dec 11th, 2020 12 pm CST & will end on Dec 13th, 2020 12 pm CST.
You can renew the 2021 membership at https://dfwmts.org/member - please note only paid members are eligible to vote.
The Results will be announced by Election Officers on Dec 13th Sunday evening 6 PM via MTS email and on MTS Facebook.
Once again, as Election Officers, we are conducting the ELECTION OF THE OFFICERS per the guidelines provided by the current MTS Board and in reference to the by-laws. Please direct your questions to the current EC’s and not to us.
Tamilmani Kamalanathan (214 649 0724)
Radhika Narayanan (972 975 0255)
Tharagaram Baashyam (732 429 0486)
Email: [email protected]