May 27, 2020
UPDATED: June 6, 2020
The DMV in South Lake Tahoe is scheduled to open on May 28, 2020. It will ONLY be open for the following transactions:
1. Paying past due registration fees on impounded vehicles.
2. Reinstating a suspended or revoked driver license.
3. Applying for a reduced-fee or no-fee ID.
4. Handling commercial driver license transactions.
5. Applying for a disabled-person parking placard.
6. Adding an ambulance certificate or firefighter endorsement.
7. Verifying a training document to drive a transit bus.
8. Processing DMV Express customers for REAL ID transactions, if time and space allow. Go to https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/portal/foa/express
9. Customers with pre-existing appointments.
Continue to check the California DMV website at www.dmv.ca.gov for more information and updates.