Starting Tuesday September 1st
Camp Blanding Joint Training Center (CBJTC) is the Florida National Guard's premier training installation. Camp Blanding Joint Training Center is located near Starke, Fla.
The 72,000-acre training site is home to both Florida Army and Air National Guard units. Quality customer service is provided to a wide range of customers including - but not limited to - all components of the U.S. military, international forces, federal and state law enforcement agencies, and numerous other agencies.
Mission: Camp Blanding Joint Training Center has a two-fold mission. First, it provides personnel, training, logistical and administrative support as a training base for military and law enforcement personnel. Second, the post offers effective leadership and training support to its customers by improving their readiness
Starting Tuesday September 1st
Photos from Camp Blanding Joint Training Center's post
The Recreation Department has re-opened the Picnic Area, the Pavilions are available for rentals and the primitive campground has re-opened, with some restrictions (contact the Rec Department for details).
The restriction for boaters to leave the boat ramp / exit Post NLT 2000 hrs has been lifted.
'Day users' for the variety of recreational areas are again authorized access.
REMINDER - regarding COVID precaution protocols; gatherings must not exceed 50 personnel and Social Distancing must be maintained. Violations of guest
list policies, COVID Health Protection condition protocols and safety guidelines can all result in being barred from accessing the installation.
CBJTC & Contract Security personnel who are responsible for all personnel & vehicle traffic accessing the installation are still required to verify the identification and reason for personnel entering Post; additionally, Security personnel are also required to verify the appropriate registration of vehicles & trailers entering the installation.
M. Shepherd Allen
LTC, IN, FLARNG
Post Operations Officer
Camp Blanding Joint Training Center
As of 20 MAY 2020:
Camp Blanding Joint Training Center & Recreation Department EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLEY (until amended or rescinded)
In accordance with current Health Protection measures the Camp Blanding Joint Training Center's (CBJTC) shoreline WILL REMAIN CLOSED indefinitely to "beach / picnic area / pavilion day users." This measure is being taken on behalf of COVID-19 protocols in an effort to reinforce the need for Social Distancing and to manage the number of recreation guests utilizing Camp Blanding.
1. There will be no "beach / picnic area / pavilion day users" permitted to the installation.
2. Only guests who satisfy one of the criteria below are authorized and will have access to the shoreline;
- have secured overnight lodging via CBJTC Lodging Office
- are utilizing the boat ramp, and whose boats are expected to stay out on the lake
- have rented RV camp sites.
NOTE-1: Shoreline / Beach Access is intended only for those personnel who have secured overnight lodging.
NOTE-2: Guests using the lake shore are expected to only use the shoreline that is adjacent to their lodging / camp site; it is not permitted to gather at pavilions, the picnic area or other guest’s lakeside cottages & Quonset huts. (10 people max, 6’ distancing).
3. The Recreation Department is now accepting new reservations for RV sites.
4. The Primitive Camping area REMAINS CLOSED.
5. The Conference Center / Restaurant IS OPEN (NOTE: limited to 50% indoor seating capacity and outdoor seating).
6. The Boat Ramp IS OPEN, but has restrictions (see below).
7. The Post Exchange remains open, but with COVID health protocols still in place.
8. The Post Gym is Open, but has restrictions (individual time limits, mask required, 50% capacity, No Basketball).
9. Family Picnic Areas, the State Picnic Areas, the beach areas and pavilions REMAIN CLOSED.
10. No tent or pop up camping is permitted.
11. Lakeside cottages ARE OPEN for rental.
12. REMINDER for Lodging & Camp Site Guest Lists: ONLY ONE GUEST LIST is allowed. NO CHANGES are permitted once the guest list has been submitted to the Recreation or Lodging offices.
13. Boaters (defined as any type of watercraft; kayak, canoe, paddle board, etc.) must Depart Camp Blanding No Later Than 1900 hrs each day.
a. Any watercraft launched from the CBJTC Boat Ramp will have the proper
safety & flotation devices and must adhere to the following guidelines;
b. All CBJTC guests utilizing watercraft must remain on the craft from the time of launch until complete, unless they are swimming within the immediate vicinity of the watercraft.
c. Grouping, tying off of watercraft to one another, or beaching the craft is Not Permitted; only watercraft that are owned & operated by guests who have rented a cottage or a camp site may be beached on the shoreline that is adjacent to the appropriate cottage or camp site.
14. Anyone accessing Camp Blanding's shoreline or Kingsley Lake as a guest of Camp Blanding must practice 'No more than 10 people - at least 6 feet apart' when Interacting with other guests.
a. These measures are being taken in the interest of public health and to reinforce our leadership's guidance regarding Social Distancing.
b. Camp Blanding's lakefront is defined as the area from the Florida National Guard beach / pavilion (next to Cooper Hall) to the southernmost pavilion at Duval Road.
c. CBJTC Residents' lake activity is restricted to the Resident beach area (Florida National Guard beach) and the boat ramp; unless they are utilizing lodging or recreation camp sites.
Prepared by CBJTC DPOTS, 201300MAY20
In association with the State's Phase I for opening back up various recreation & business venues, the Camp Blanding Joint Training Center is working to set a date to re-open some of the Recreation Department's facilities.
The utilization of these venues will be continually assessed for everyone's adherence to the Health Safety protocols for Social Distancing and limited numbers of people in groups.
1. Once approved, the Camp Blanding Boat Ramp hours of operation will be from 0600-1800 and be available for day usage only.
a. Guests will be able to use the boat ramp from 0600-1800 hrs daily. Guests must be off of the water and clear of the boat ramp No Later Than 1800 hrs, every day of the week.
b. Any watercraft launched from the CBJTC Boat Ramp will have the proper safety & flotation devices and must adhere to the following guidelines;
(1) All CBJTC guests utilizing watercraft must remain on the craft from the time of launch until complete, unless they are swimming within the immediate vicinity of the watercraft.
(2) Grouping, tying off of watercraft to one another, or beaching the craft is Not Permitted; only watercraft that are owned & operated by guests who have rented a cottage or a camp site may be beached on the shoreline that is adjacent to the appropriate cottage or camp site.
2. Primitive campsites, Picnic area, beach, pavilions and the FLNG beach are likely to remain closed.
3. Camp Sites for RVs will be opened for existing reservations only. There are no new reservations via the Recreation Department until further notice.
4. Anyone accessing Camp Blanding's shoreline or Kingsley Lake as a guest of Camp Blanding must practice 'No more than 10 people - at least 6 feet apart' when Interacting with other guests.
5. There are still no "beach / picnic area / pavilion day users" permitted to the installation. Once the soft-opening plan is approved, only guests who have reservations for overnight RV sites, or are utilizing the boat ramp, will be permitted onto Camp Blanding for recreational purposes.
6. There will continue to be limited use of the shoreline of Camp Blanding; the shoreline adjacent to the RV sites will be accessible only to those guests who have rented RV camp sites.
7. Camp Blanding Lodging (non-Recreation Department) is still not taking reservations. Camp Blanding staff expects to update this reservation restriction sometime next week.
The Camp Blanding Boat Ramp and Campgrounds will be closed Monday, 06 April through April 30th.
In coordination with the Governor's Executive Order Number 20-91 (Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency) "Safer at Home" directive, the Camp Blanding Recreation Department has implemented the following measures, that will go into effect as of the date / time of this
email, and be fully in place No Later Than 8 p.m., Sunday, 05 April.
1. The boat ramp will be closed on Sunday, 05 April, at 8 p.m. and will not re-open before 30 April. The only exceptions made will be for Kingsley Lake homeowners to remove their boats from the lake (no watercraft will be allowed to come onto the installation - only leave).
2. The Recreation Department is closed to campers until 30 April. No new reservations are being made and reservations that would have begun on Monday 06 April are now being cancelled. The only exception to this is for guests / Camp Hosts who are currently in the campground and who are recognized as having the campground recorded as their "primary residence" during this crisis. (This is a 'current status' managed by the Recreation Department and not an option for anyone not currently in the campground).
3. The Recreation Office is closed to the public. They will however still be operating in accordance with their regular business hours, and via telephone & Facebook messenger.
4. Camp Blanding remains open for the hunting seasons. Consult the established Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservations Commission's schedules and times for determining accessibility.
5. As April 30th approaches, we will provide an update to the deadline. The Recreation Department WILL NOT be accepting reservations for any time after 30 April without first providing an update to this current closure of facilities.
M. Shepherd Allen
LTC, IN, FLARNG
Camp Blanding Post Operations Officer
"Camp Blanding Range Complex is Closed"
Pursuant to Health Protection measures associated with the defense against COVID-19, the Camp Blanding Joint Training Center's (CBJTC) Range Complex will be closed indefinitely.
This determination will be reassessed at the end of April and this web page will be updated accordingly.
Only units who are mobilizing or who are serving in Direct Support to mobilizing units will be authorized to train and be billeted on CBJTC. The only exception to this limitation will be for Florida Army National Guard Aviation units.
The Florida National Guard remains committed to the safety of all Service Members and the installation's supporting Staff.
Once the determination has been made to re-open the CBJTC Range Complex, a max notification will be made and also posted to RFMSS accounts.
WILLIAM R. BROTHERS
MAJ, FI, FLARNG
Camp Blanding Joint Training Center
Office: (904) 682-3504
See smoke? Up and coming wildland fire professionals completed the live fire portion of their training to receive certification in basic fire management.
Camp Blanding's 80th Birthday Celebration
In January 2020 Camp Blanding will be 80 years old! A birthday celebration will be held on Saturday, 4 2020 at the Camp Blanding Museum. The celebration will be held form 10:00AM to 4:00PM, and the public is cordially invited. Special activities for the day include:
At 11:00AM a book signing my Mr. Don Fox, CEO of Firehouse Subs and historian for the 4th Armored Division. Copies of Mr. Fox's book Patton's Vanguard will be available for purchase and signed buy the author.
AT 1:00PM, a presentation by Dr. George Cressman entitled "The Normandy Invasion 75 Years Later," which will focus on how Normandy looked on 6 June 1944 and how it appears today. Two Camp Blanding trained infantry divisions (the 1st and 29th were "Spearhead" divisions in the Normandy D-Day.
Throughout the day, there will be a historic military vehicle display provided by the Military Vehicle Preservation Association.
The CBJTC ID Office will be closed from Tuesday December 23rd until Wednesdsy January 2nd. We will have hours on New Years Eve. The Holiday may affect the regular business hours on New Years Eve....I would call us first before making the trip to see us at 904-682-3366. Happy Holiday from all of us at DPCA and Camp Blanding.
Florida Youth Challenge Academy Graduating Class #37 December 17, 2019
COL Zenko and CSM Hosford attending the HHC Unit Christmas Party.
HHC Camp Blanding Joint Training Center annual ASU inspection. HHC Soldiers were inspected by CSM Hosford and he found the unit's appearance and military bearing to be flawless.
The CBJTC ID card office has the following holiday hours.
We will be closed Wednesday December 25th and will re open Tuesday December 31st at 8:00. The CBJTC ID Office will also be closed Tuesday January 1st and will reopen Wednesday January 2nd at 8:00 for regular business days and hours.
The CBJTC ID Card Office will be closing at noon Thursday December 5th and will not reopen until Tuesday December 10th.
Thanksgiving 2019 is almost here.)) The CBJTC ID office will be closed from Wednesday November 27th until Tuesday December 3rd. On December 3rd CBJTC ID Office will re open at 8:00 as usual for normal business hours. Tuesday thru Friday 8:00-16:00. Have a nice holiday.
Headquarters CBJTC staff attended the 17th Annual Military Appreciation Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville
Congratulations Andrew Norman on your new job. Andrew has been an outstanding employee at Camp Blanding Joint Training Center for over 9 years and will truly be missed. Wishing you lots of success and happiness in your new job. Best of luck to you.
HQ's Annual Halloween Chili Cook-Off! We had some great chili today,along with some cool costumes! Little Red Riding Hood, Crazy Cat Lady, Spicy Mustard, ghosts and goblins were on site. Fun was had by all. Happy Halloween and be Safe out there tonight.
The Camp Blanding ID Card Office will close Friday September 20th at 10:00 AM, and will re open Tuesday September 24th at 8:00 AM.
Now that Hurricane Dorian has passed our area, the Camp Blanding ID Office is up and running and back to it's regular hours. Tuesday thru Friday 8:00-16:00, closed 11:30 to 12:30. No appointments necessary. Don't forget to bring your sponsor if you are a dependent so they can fill out the DD Form 1172-2. Any questions call 904-682-3366. Have a great day.
The Adjutant General of Florida, Major General Eifert awarded Ms. Donna Brantley a 40 year service award as a State Employee at Camp Blanding Joint Training Center for 40 years. Congratulations Ms. Donna Brantley for all the great work you do.
The CBJTC ID Offcie is open for its regular business hours. Tuesday thru Friday 08:00-16:00, walk-ins only, no appointments. Please make sure that you have two forms of UNEXPIRED ID with you. Thank You.
The CBJTC ID Card Office will be closed for repairs until further notice. If you need further assistance, you can go online to Rapids Site Locator to find other DEERS/RAPIDS locations. We will re post when we are able to receive customers. Thank You
The Camp Blanding ID Office will be closed Thursday July 4th and Friday July 5th for Independence Day. Celebrate the birth of The United States of America as an independent nation happily and safely.
HHC CBJTC 2nd AT period having fun in the sun.😎
Governor DeSantis visit to Camp Blanding, FL
Flying the Garrison Flag on Flag Day. Celebrating 244 years of the US Army!!
5629 State Road 16 W
Since this is an open forum please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don't comply, your message will be removed: - We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization. - We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity. - You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. - We have the right to delete fan comments if deemed inappropriate The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Camp Blanding Joint Training Center.
Camp Blanding aspires to be the premier domestic and combat training facility in the southeast U.S. It continually seeks opportunities to offer training in order to showcase Camp Blanding as a state-of-the-art, year-round, training experience.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Camp Blanding Joint Training Center posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Camp Blanding Joint Training Center: