If you haven’t voted absentee, the City of Sturgeon Bay has the polls set up. There are safety measures in place to protect voters and poll workers during the process. Please wash your hands prior to voting, don’t touch your face during the process, and wash hands when you’re done. Stay safe, and stay healthy!
Election: April 7th, 2020
Sturgeon Bay City Hall
421 Michigan Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
The city of Sturgeon Bay has implemented additional precautions at all polling sites to ensure the safety of the voting public which include construction of plexiglass barriers, courtesy of Kyle Delfosse (Sturgeon Bay Municipal Services).
In an effort to maintain transparency regarding the various processes and decision points being made by the Emergency Management Team, the following is a list of plans, policies and practices that have been executed to date. Please note that this is only a sampling of the major items we have been working on.
• Our steadfast Clerk’s Office have prepared to conduct the April 7 election as required by law. As much as 43% of registered voters have voted early or voted by absentee. The time and effort of processing this many early and absentee ballots has been quite an effort. It has been an “all hands on deck” affair, with every department doing something to help conduct this election, including a number of very supportive spouses.
• To protect poll workers and voters safeguards have been implemented. These include sneeze guards, hand sanitation stations, and social distancing que marks (tape on the floor, six feet apart), as well as masks and eye protection. Each polling place has a person assigned to sanitation. This person’s job is to disinfect commonly touched areas such as marking pens, voting booths, tables, and door handles.
• A reminder to people that normally vote at Bay View Lutheran Church, will be voting at City Hall. Several posts to the City’s social media, news media and signs have been posted at both Bay View Lutheran and City Hall reminding voters of this change.
• The City’s administrative staff are working the polls. The office is closed for business except for voting.
• On the second page of this document are three snap shots of City Hall, close attention will reveal on the floor blue lines, six feet apart, hand sanitizer, sneeze guards, poll books and the like. We are ready!
Please continue to practice good cold and flu etiquette by containing coughs and sneezes, regularly washing your hands, cleaning work spaces and common areas. If you can, order take out or delivery, those restaurants and their employees need our continued support.
Practice social distancing, avoid unnecessary trips and exposure; as much as possible conduct business either by phone or mail.