Brown County Sheriff's Office
Attempt to Identify
Official page for the Village of Suamico
Brown County Sheriff's Office
Attempt to Identify
Howard Suamico Business & Professional Association
Shop Small. Shop Local. Shop Howard-Suamico. Visit www.communitybulletin.org to view the current issue. Support our businesses and please share this!
Brown County Sheriff's Office
The Brown County Sheriff's Office is looking for assistance in locating Mitchel F. Brock, age 27. He was last seen 11/16/20 at 10:00 p.m. in the Village of Suamico. He is considered missing endangered as he is without his required medication. If you see Mitchel, or know his whereabouts, please contact Brown County Dispatch at 920-391-7450. Thank you for your assistance.
2021 Budget Snapshot
The Village Board approved the 2021 tax levy and mill rate this evening. Here are a few items of note:
- With the completion of a revaluation in 2020 the mill (tax) rate will be decreasing 19.18% from $4.709 to $3.724. This will be the lowest published tax rate since incorporating as a Village in 2003. For more information about revaluations, click here: https://www.suamico.org/Revaluation%20FAQ%208.3.2020.pdf).
- A decrease to other revenues (e.g., state transportation aids, court penalties, and investment income) required an increase of the tax rate of $0.058. This means that the owner of a $300,000 property will see their property tax bill increase by approximately $17.56 this year.
- The tax levy will be increased by $153,918 – an increase of 2.96% from 2020.
- What are the main driving forces to increasing the levy?
$100,000 being added to the annual road construction budget ($760,000 in total for 2021) and a scheduled contract increase with the Brown County Sheriff’s Office of approximately $42,000.
- The debt service as a percentage of the total levy has been steadily decreasing since 2013 (41%) to 27% in 2021.
- An additional snow plow route will be added this year by delaying the sale of the oldest snow plow until 2022.
- $5 annual increase to the Garbage/Recycling fee (now $180). This is due in part to a recent increase of the contribution amount of the Garbage/Recycling fund to annual road construction.
- $5 annual increase to the storm water fee (now $35). This is due in part to the need for funds to dredge storm water ponds (estimated cost of $464,460 through 2057).
Projects scheduled for 2021 (these numbers are estimates and subject to final Village Board approval):
- $900,000 to reconstruct Riverside Drive in Historic Downtown Suamico with sidewalks and street lighting. This project will also include enhancing Vickery-Docter Park (funded by Tax Incremental District #2).
- $180,000 to reconstruct tennis/pickleball courts at Idlewild Park (funded by Stadium Tax District fund).
- $27,000 for a flood study along the Bay (funded by the Storm water fund).
A complete picture of the 2021 budget will be posted here by the end of the week: https://www.suamico.org/departments/finance/index.php
Brown County Emergency Management
November 9th-13th is Winter Awareness Week in WI. Yes, we realize it's going to be 70 degrees today, but we also realize that within weeks, winter will have arrived to Wisconsin.
Some of the dangers associated with winter storms include loss of heat, power and telephone service and a shortage of supplies. To help protect your family, now is the time to put together a disaster supply kit. Here are some items to include:
• Flashlights and extra batteries
• Battery-powered NOAA Weather Radio and a commercial radio
• Bottled water and non-perishable food that requires no cooking
• First-aid supplies
• Fire extinguisher, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
• If appropriate, extra medications and baby items
• If you have an emergency heating source such as a fireplace or space heater, make sure you have proper ventilation
• Make sure pets have shelter and plenty of food and water
For additional information, contact your county or tribal emergency management office, the National Weather Service (https://weather.gov) or the state’s ReadyWisconsin campaign (https://readywisconsin.wi.gov).
Suamico Fire Department
As we are all outside enjoying the awesome temperatures, please be extremely careful burning. Due to the unseasonably warm temperatures and weather, the National Weather Service has released a notice warning of increased fire danger this weekend.
Even in November, Burning permits are required while burning outside of a fire pit and all burning laws still apply.
We love to see each and every one of you, just not on the wrong terms! Stay Safe Suamico!
SUAMICO, Wis. (WBAY) - The Village of Suamico has now approved the sale of its firehouse (Station #1). The old building will be sold to Base Companies, a real estate developer in Green Bay.
The Village Administrator, Alex Kaker says Base Companies plans to open a brewery and music hall.
The deal is expected to close in April after the fire department moves into its new station.
Village of Suamico's cover photo
Clerks have begun recording election participation, but it may take up to 45 days for this process to be completed. Please use My Voter Info (https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/MyVoterInfo) to continue to track your absentee ballot and the My Voting Activity section to verify your participation for the 2020 General Election.
And that’s a wrap! Looks like over 90% of registered voters in Suamico cast their ballot with around 2,000 doing so today.
Big thanks to staff from across all of our departments including Suamico Fire Department, Village of Suamico Police, and 40+ volunteer poll workers to organize another successful Election Day.
This is our last and final reminder that in-person voting will take place tomorrow, November 3rd from 7:00am - 8:00pm at the old Marq location (next to Shopko) at 2310 Lineville Road.
Updated statistics as of this morning:
- 8,960 registered voters
- 6,216 ballots cast via early voting (69% of total registered voters)
- 292 outstanding absentee mailed ballots. If you are one of these 292 you can return your ballot to Village Hall or 2310 Lineville Road tomorrow by 8:00pm.
- BRING ID: Remember, you must provide a proof of residency document. For more information on what is an acceptable proof of residency, click here: https://buff.ly/2TAihpY
- COVID: At your polling place, please follow social distancing, bring hand sanitizer and wear a mask. Poll workers will be behind plexiglass and wearing masks. You may also bring your own black ballpoint pen.
- Questions? Call the office at 920.434.2212.
The results are in! Again a huge thank you to Suamico Fire Department for judging the 1st annual Virtual Costume Contest. We had over 45 submissions, which made it hard to pick only 3 winners.
Thank you again for everyone who came out to the drive thru trick-or-treat event, and those who participated in the costume contest.
3rd - Zoo keeper and animals
2nd - Dia de los muertos
1st - Baby Grandma
In-person absentee voting is now complete. Under state law, no voting can occur on the Monday preceding election day. That means, your next opportunity to vote in-person is on Election Day (tomorrow, November 3rd). Polls will open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. All in-person voting will take place at 2310 Lineville Road (the old Marq location next to Shopko).
If you requested an absentee ballot by mail but have yet to mail or drop off your ballot, drop it off at your municipal clerk's office. All absentee ballots must arrive by November 3 at 8:00 p.m. Do not mail your ballot back. It will not be received by the deadline!
Find your clerk's office at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/MyMunicipalClerk
A current look at the line for early voting. In-person absentee voting will be available until 5:00pm today at Village Hall. The next time to vote in-person will be Tuesday at 7:00am at 2310 Lineville Road (the old Marq location next to Shopko). - AK
In person absentee voting continues today through 5:00pm and tomorrow from 8:00am - 5:00pm at Village Hall, 12781 Velp Ave.
A reminder that anyone wanting to vote on Election Day next Tuesday can do so at 2310 Lineville Road (next door to the old Shopko location) from 7:00am - 8:00pm. - AK
Due to elections, staff has decided shelter reservations for 2021 will be pushed back a month this year.
Opening day for 2021 reservations will be December 7th, 2020.
Reservations can be made in person, or online at https://villageofsuamico.recdesk.com/Community/Home. Forms can be found at suamico.org.
Poll watching is legal. Voter intimidation is not. Know the difference:
CTH J is now open for traffic over the Suamico River. - AK
Village of Suamico Police
DRUG TAKE BACK DAY!
Today! October 24th 10a - 2p
Suamico Village Hall, 12781 Velp Avenue
Items that will be accepted:
-over the counter medications
-liquid medications in the original container
-ointment medications and non-aerosols
Items that will NOT be accepted:
The Village is actively seeking to fill a seat on the Board of Appeals and the Public Health & Safety Committee. If interested, please complete an application and return it by mail or in the drop box at the Village Hall, located at 12781 Velp Avenue:https://www.suamico.org/Committee_Board_Commission%20Appointment%20application.pdf
To learn more about all our volunteer boards, committees, and commissions, please click here: https://www.suamico.org/government/boards_commissions_committies/index.php
We are aware that a key to the master lock on the absentee ballot box in front of Village Hall was left in the lock overnight and wanted to give you a timeline of the past 24 hours:
- Two Village employees collected the absentee ballots from the drop box on Wednesday (10/21) evening at 4:25pm.
- When closing the drop box an election tamper evident seal was placed on the latch along with a master lock. Unfortunately, the key was left in the master lock.
- On Thursday morning around 8:00am we were alerted that the key was still in the master lock.
- We have reviewed the surveillance footage (there are two 24/7 cameras viewing the drop box) and confirmed the drop box was never unlocked overnight.
- The seal was also still intact, which again confirms the drop box was never opened overnight.
- A lanyard has been added to the master lock key and a third individual will be assigned to verify the drop box has been locked and sealed appropriately through November 3rd.
We profusely apologize for the error, but the fail-safes (election tamper evident seal and 24/7 video monitoring) we have in place proved effective and we remain committed to ensuring a safe and trusted election process.
In-person absentee voting will continue to be available today through next Friday, October 30th and is available at Village Hall from 8:00am – 4:30pm (5:00pm on 10/29 and 10/30).
Brown County Emergency Management
Forecast is calling for an extended period of rainfall. #bepreparedbrowncounty
You are currently looking at about a 10 minute wait to vote in-person absentee at Village Hall. Voting will be available until 4:30pm today.
Remaining in-person absentee voting:
Weekdays Tuesday, October 21 - Friday, October 30 from 8:00am - 4:30pm (until 5:00pm on the 29th and 30th). - AK
❗️ Do you have an absentee ballot in your possession, but have decided you now want to vote in-person either during early voting or on Election Day? Please bring your uncompleted ballot with you when you come to vote. This will help save you and our staff time.
📬 Absentee ballot statistics as of October 19, 2020
8,858 registered voters in Suamico
43% of registered voters have requested an absentee ballot
3,770 total absentee ballots requested
2,400 returned (64%)
1,370 not returned (36%)
🏛 A reminder that early voting (in-person) starts tomorrow, October 20th and is available weekdays from 8:00am - 4:30pm through Wednesday, October 28th AND 8:00am - 5:00pm on October 29th and 30th. All early voting will take place at Village Hall - 12781 Velp Avenue, Suamico, WI 54313.
A postcard will be mailed to Suamico properties next week reminding you of the November 3rd polling location change and absentee voting information. All in-person voting on Election Day will take place at 2310 Lineville Road (next to the vacant Shopko building). - AK
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Detroit District
All the Great Lakes continued or began their seasonal decline over the past month. Despite the decline in water level, Lake St. Clair set a record high monthly mean water level for September.
September was quite dry across the Great Lakes basin, which was influenced by below average precipitation. Also, cooler air temperatures moving over the relatively warm lake water surfaces led to increased evaporation during the month on Lakes Superior and Michigan-Huron.
Will the dry conditions continue and enhance the seasonal water level declines this fall?
Find out in the latest 6-month forecast of Great Lakes water levels at the following link: https://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Missions/Great-Lakes-Information/Great-Lakes-Water-Levels/Water-Level-Forecast/Monthly-Bulletin-of-Great-Lakes-Water-Levels/
A reminder that trick or treat hours are 4:00pm - 7:00pm on the day of Halloween, which falls on Saturday, October 31st this year. A few safety tips from Brown County Health & Human Services - Public Health Division can be found below. - AK
Traditional Halloween activities are fun, but some can increase the risk of getting or spreading COVID-19 or influenza. This year, plan alternate ways to participate in Halloween.
Check out the guidance & recommendations in our post below and head to the CDC's page for more information:
Remember to always:
•Wear a cloth mask
•Indoors and outdoors, stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
•Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
We hope you were able to enjoy the new canoe/kayak launch at Fireman’s Park this year. It has been removed for the winter and will be reinstalled next spring. - AK
Happy Friday, Suamico!
A few absentee voting statistics as we head into the weekend:
As of October 8, 2020...
- 8,755 registered voters.
- 3,456 mailed absentee ballots have been issued
- 39% of registered voters have requested a ballot.
- 1,636 absentee ballots have been returned.
- 1,820 absentee ballots remain outstanding.
- 47% of mailed issued absentee ballots have been returned.
Another reminder that all in-person voting on Election Day will be held at 2310 Lineville Road next door to the Shopko building. - AK
Welcome to Suamico, Mainstream Boutique Green Bay! - AK
Such a beautiful morning! 💛 Our sign is up & we are one step closer! We can not wait for you to see our new space! 😍
ZooBoo starts tomorrow at the NEW Zoo! The Village of Suamico is a long time sponsor of this amazing event, so we are excited to give away some tickets! We are going to give you a chance to win a pair of free passes (5 total winners).
How to win: All you have to do is give us a follow on Facebook, and comment on this photo.
* Only one entry per household.
* Winners will be drawn at noon tomorrow (Friday October 9).
* If you win you will be directly messaged on Facebook.
GOOD LUCK! 🐢🐛🐧🦁🐑🦒🦦
12781 Velp Ave.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Village of Suamico posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Village of Suamico: