Texarkana, Texas Office of Emergency Management (OEM) administers a comprehensive emergency management program, through coordination and collaboration with local stakeholders, the state, and federal government in order to save lives, protect property and safeguard the environment through a risk-based, all-hazard emergency management plan.
Our vision is for governmental, volunteer, private and non-profit sectors, including businesses, faith-based, access and functional needs organizations, and the general public to work together - as a Whole Community - to create effective plans, acquire necessary resources and adequately train, plan for, respond to, and recover from all-hazard emergencies and disasters.
The City’s Emergency Management Program has adopted the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and follows the National Preparedness Goal’s five mission areas: Prevention, Protection, Mitigation, Response, Recovery from threats and hazards that pose the greatest risk to our community. The City of Texarkana, Texas - OEM maintains an Advanced Level of Emergency Preparedness through the Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM).
This is an official page of the City of Texarkana, Texas. This page is managed and periodically monitored by the Office of Emergency Management. Before posting on this page, please review these terms:
• A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
• This page is not monitored on a 24-hour basis. In case of emergency, to report a crime, or if you need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1.
• Comments posted by others on the City of Texarkana Texas Office of Emergency Management page are not to be considered the opinion of the City.
· Advertisements of any kind, including comments referencing commercial services or products.
· Profane language or content.
· Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
· Explicit or implied sexual content.
· Content implying, promoting, threatening, or encouraging illegal activity.
· Information that might compromise the safety or security of the public.
· Support of or opposition to political candidates, political organizations or ballot propositions.
· Content that infringes on copyrights or trademarks.
· Content that is repetitive.
· Content that is off subject or does not topically pertain to the particular post/photo.
· Content that might harm public welfare.
· Content that contains personal information or personal attacks of any kind.