Coastal Riverine Group TWO's First Class Petty Officer's Association
Sharing POSLC slides and certs...
CPO 365 COMREL. Ocean View Beach Cleanup.
GM1 Santerre stayed Navy for 6 more years this weekend before kicking off a round of golf. Congrats!
June Luncheon. Happy Birthday to CM1 Kaiser!
Krispy Kreme Doughnut Waffle Sale in the morning. Set up at 0730 outside VBSS Classroom. Sale starts at 0800.
Not the official but....
(Early Christmas Gift For You All)
**Rates are back now so keep bragging about being the oldest rate in the Navy!!!!
SUBJ/NAVY RATING MODERNIZATION NEXT STEPS//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces updates to the implementation effort to transform current Navy Enlisted Career Management processes.
2. This NAVADMIN supersedes NAVADMIN 218/16 and directs the restoration of Navy Rating Titles.
3. Our goals for modernizing the enlisted career development program – rating modernization – are to provide greater choice and flexibility for our Sailors with respect to detailing and training, to provide greater flexibility for the Navy in assigning highly trained personnel, and to increase professional alignment with civilian employers. We strongly believe that providing this flexibility will make us a more capable Navy.
4. Since we made the initial rating modernization announcement in September, the SECNAV, MCPON and I, along with other Navy leadership, have had the opportunity to speak with thousands of Sailors during our travels throughout the fleet. The feedback from current and former Sailors has been consistent that there is wide support for the flexibility that the plan offers, but the removal of rating titles detracted from accomplishing our major goals. Furthermore, there has been a solid body of thoughtful input that pointed out that there is a way to have the benefits of the rating modernization program without removing rating titles.
5. I have been adamant that our Navy needs to be a fast-learning organization - that includes our leadership. The Design for Maintaining Maritime Superiority states that our most junior teammate may have the best idea and that we must be open to capturing that idea. We have learned from you, and so effective immediately, all rating names are restored.
6. This course correction doesn’t mean our work is done – rating modernization will continue for all the right reasons. Modernizing our industrial-age personnel system in order to provide Sailors choice and flexibility still remains a priority for us. As we execute the rating modernization plan, more Sailors will have multiple occupational skill sets or ratings. We will need to tackle the issue of managing rating names. We will continue to involve Sailors throughout the Fleet, using the Rating Modernization working group to figure out how to best do that.
7. Every Fleet, Force and Command Master Chief, and all Navy Counselors know how to provide input to our working groups. You also have a direct line to send your ideas to me at “[email protected]”.
8. Learning faster requires having a plan, getting feedback, and quickly acting on that feedback. This adjustment reflects our commitment to fast learning at every level. As this process moves forward we will continue to assess our performance and correct our course as appropriate.
10. Released by Adm. John Richardson, CNO.//
Another successful Children Holiday Party. Thanks for all the hard work from everyone throughout the year. As always seeing smiles on the little on faces melts my heart. This will concludes my duties as FCPOA President, as will be transferring. I have officially turned over with PO1 Kaiser. I wish him and the association all the best in the future.
2016 Command Children Holiday Party Shopping Complete✅
Looking forward to a good turn out this afternoon at Gator bowling! Let see if we can get any turkeys this close to Thanksgiving.
CPO 365 October COMREL
Week wrap up:
CPO 365 was great this week. Hoorah Boat Team 1!
Burrito Sale made us nearly $400!
Storm prep!!! Hurricane Matthew is destroying everything in his path. Waddy is in the middle of all this on his cruise! The majority of Florida has been evacuated. Coastal Georgia and South Carolina are next. We have commenced flooding preps on base. Go to www.nhc.gov/prepare/ready.php?platform=hootsuite for your guide on how to ready yourself.
Future happenings/Pertinent 411:
This years Christmas party will be at the Crown Plaza near VB Town center on December 8. We still need to raise about $3000 more.
Ball caps were pushed back another 6 weeks due to design changes.
Alcohol Aware will be on Wednesday, 12 October at 1000 in the VBSS classroom.
Pay attention to Cycle 16/2 PFA notices and dates. First date is 10 October; PARFQ and medical waivers are due.
Boat Team 1 hosts PT next Wednesday. There is no classroom training.
Great show out from everyone not involved with the gun shoot or training today.
Biggest topic of concern is, car wash this weekend or next?
Contact GM1 Bickerstaff if you want to make some money for our Christmas party.
To ALL my active and reserve military brothers and sisters in light of recent controversial disturbances, and the upcoming election, take special notice to what you post on your social medias. Everyone has an opinion; but bear in mind, WE are subject to the UCMJ. (Article 117 & 134 could apply here.)
Today's project aboard USS Wisconsin.
Fair Winds and Following Seas LS1(EXW) Juanita Billingsley
DVD for Vets. Thanks to IT1(EXW) Michelle Dixon for organizing this event and the staff at CRG-2 TEU for donating over 1000 DVDs.
The Children Holiday Party was a complete success. I would like to thank everyone for all their hard work and dedication with the fundraising events throughout this past year. I only wished, that every FCPOA member was present to see the children smiling faces and receive some of the tiny hugs and BIG Thank You!!!
More pics from the USS Wisconsin.
CRG-2 FCPOA volunteering at the USS Wisconsin.
Junior Enlisted Appreciation Day with the FCPOA
Good luck to all those Board Eligible!
Hail and Farewell for IT1 Dawn Benedetto and LS1 Alycia Adams at Roger Brown's.
Congratulations to all!!! Hooyah!
Congratulations to all the new active-duty senior chief selectees. The Navy released today the names of the 1,456 sailors tabbed to get a star above
Fellow First Classes;
It has been an honor to serve with each and every one of you. Continue to be the deckplate leaders that you are, continue to hold the standard and lead by example! HOOYAH!!!!
Farewell lunch for OS1 Cooper and LN1 Huff at Guad's.
Thank you MWR for the post PRT picnic! HOOYAH!
Pie in the face with the CMDCM of Coastal Riverine Group TWO
FY-16 Master Chief Quotas are out.
Congratulations to BM1 Joe Mendoza from Coastal Riverine Squadron Two, the United States Fleet Forces Sea Sailor of the Year! Petty Officer Mendoza will be meritoriously advanced to Chief Petty Officer this May.
UNCLASSIFIED// REROUTE DETECTED ROUTINE R 261734Z SEP 14 PSN 984890K38 FM CNO WASHINGTON DC TO NAVADMIN BT UNCLAS SUBJ/JANUARY 2015 E7 NAVY-WIDE EXAMINATION AND FY-16 ACTIVE AND FULL TIME SUPPORT E7 SELECTION BOARD CYCLE 226 (CORRECTED COPY)// NAVADMIN 222/14 MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/SEP/…
2465 GuadalCanal Road, Suite 14
Virginia Beach, VA
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when CRG-2 First Class Petty Officer Association posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Nearby government services
Other Government Organizations in Virginia Beach
George Mason Drive
Red Horse Drive