The D.C. National Guard encourages all Facebook fans to participate in the conversation on our page, including posting on our wall and sharing comments. However, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Posts will be removed if they violate the guidelines listed below.
• Do not post surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
• Do not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
• Do not publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
• Do not upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
• Do not use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any party.
• Do not upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
• Do not advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless National Guard specifically allows such messages.
• Do not falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
• Do not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and participating on the National Guard page.
• Do not violate any code of conduct or other guidelines.
• Do not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses.
• Do not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
• Do not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
• Do not use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
LINKS TO ANY THIRD PARTY SITES
Links on this site may let you leave the National Guard’s site. The linked sites may not be under the control of the National Guard and the National Guard is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The National Guard is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The National Guard is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the National Guard of the site.
Also, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the National Guard or Department of Defense.
OPERATIONAL SECURITY (OPSEC)
Operations Security (OPSEC) includes any information including, but not limited to, the movement of soldiers in and out of theaters of operation, current and ongoing military operations, or tactics, techniques and procedures pose a security risk to soldiers. This risk needs to be mitigated at all times, and any information containing dates, complete names, and the locations of soldiers or their immediate family, and military operations needs to be guarded and kept confidential at all times. This is a public Web site and as such, there is no way to control whoever may view the information that is posted.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO THE NATIONAL GUARD OR POSTED AT ANY NATIONAL GUARD WEBSITE
The National Guard does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to the National Guard (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community, (each a "Submission" and collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting ("Posting") your Submission you are granting the National Guard, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all National Guard Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services.
For more information, visit the DoD Social Media user agreement at: