Comment Policy and Moderation
CNCS encourages discussion and comments. Your insights help ensure the public is informed and can be a part of CNCS’s work, every day. Participants are expected to show respect, civility, and consideration to the authors and site visitors, who may include children. To that end, we
reserve the discretion to remove a comment if it:
- contains obscene, indecent, vulgar, abusive, or profane language or material
- contains threats or personal attacks of any kind
- contains hate speech or any discriminatory remark about race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- is clearly off-topic or spam
- contains sensitive, confidential, or personally identifiable information
- promotes or endorses specific commercial services, entities or product
- contains defamatory statements
- contains offensive terms targeting individuals or groups
- suggests or encourages illegal activity
- supports the passage or defeat of legislation before the Congress or any state or local legislative body
- advocates or promotes any proposed, pending, or future federal, state, or local tax increase
- advocates any proposed, pending, or future requirement or restriction on any legal consumer product
- contains unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries, or any other comments deemed inappropriate.
If your comment contains objectionable or inappropriate content, it may be deleted. Comments will not be edited. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include your or others’ full name, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security Numbers, case numbers, or any other sensitive or personally identifiable information (PII) in your comments or responses. The views expressed in the comments only reflect those of the comment’s author, and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the agency, or the federal government. Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, persons under the age of 13 are not allowed to submit questions or comments.
Comment review will occur during normal business hours. Please ensure that your comments comply with this policy.