DC Counts - 2010 Census

DC Counts - 2010 Census The US Census will happen in March of 2010. Look for your US Census form in the mail. Fill it out - only 10 questions, only 10 minutes of your time.

DC COUNTS!

Today is the LAST DAY to ensure you are counted - call toll-free 1-866-872-6868 #census
07/30/2010
Newsroom: 2010 Census: Last Day to Ensure You Are Included in 2010 Census

Today is the LAST DAY to ensure you are counted - call toll-free 1-866-872-6868 #census

The U.S. Census Bureau reminded the nation today that on Friday, July 30, it will shut down its toll-free telephone assistance line. More than 130,000 interviews have been completed via the toll free line. Friday is the last day for callers who feel they may have been overlooked in the census to com...

06/21/2010

DC Counts - the theatrical production - 6/26, 11 am @ the Mount Pleasant Farmer's Market

Check out this PSA about Census Takers from kids at the Multi-Media Training Institute - http://www.mmtidc.org/
05/24/2010
Census 2010 PSA

Check out this PSA about Census Takers from kids at the Multi-Media Training Institute - http://www.mmtidc.org/

Vimeo is a respectful community of creative people who are passionate about sharing the videos they make. Use Vimeo if you want the best tools and highest quality video in the universe.

Keep an eye out for those #census takers, #DC
05/04/2010
How to Recognize an Official Census Taker - DCist

Keep an eye out for those #census takers, #DC

Now that it's May, census takers are hitting the streets to make personal visits to anyone who didn't mail back their 2010 census form. You'll likely see them around town, and in the event you didn't return a census form (or didn’t receive one), you'll also meet one at your front door.

Nice AP article on #census workers preparing to go door-to-door. Help them out and be counted!
05/03/2010
Census workers get ready for door-to-door count

Nice AP article on #census workers preparing to go door-to-door. Help them out and be counted!

Knock, knock, who's there? Census workers get ready to start nationwide, door-to-door count

Keep an eye out for #census takers, hitting the streets of #DC this weekend. Make sure DC Counts!
04/30/2010
U.S. Census Workers To Hit The Streets Starting In May » We Love DC

Keep an eye out for #census takers, hitting the streets of #DC this weekend. Make sure DC Counts!

If you haven’t yet filled out your 2010 Census form, starting in May chances are you’ll be getting a friendly knock on the door from your local census worker. The U.S. Census staffer will be asking you ...

Portraits of #DC - the faces of the District and the 2010 #Census.
04/30/2010
The faces of D.C.

Portraits of #DC - the faces of the District and the 2010 #Census.

A photo contest aimed at raising awareness of the 2010 Census drew hundreds of entries depicting Washington's many faces. The 51 winners of the Portraits of D.C. contest will be unveiled at an awards ceremony April 27 at Social, 1400 Meridian Place NW, and in May at the Walter E. Washington Conventi...

Phase 2 of the #census starts this weekend - please answer the door and be counted!
04/29/2010
Census takers to return to homes where forms weren't sent back

Phase 2 of the #census starts this weekend - please answer the door and be counted!

The 20 people huddled around six folding tables in a basement dance studio in Columbia Heights will soon fan out across the District on behalf of the census.

#DC mail response rate of 69% The other 31% need to answer the door when a #census taker comes.
04/28/2010
Take 10 Map - 2010 Census

#DC mail response rate of 69% The other 31% need to answer the door when a #census taker comes.

America participated! 72 percent of households participated in the 2010 Census by mail -- the same rate achieved in Census 2000. Now census takers begin the task of going door-to-door to obtain census responses in person. ...

04/28/2010
Another Way to Count, One Photo at a Time - Roll Call

Nice shout out in Roll Call for @DC_Counts and Portraits of DC - fun #census promotion!

If the U.S. Census Bureau used talented local photographers to take a sampling of the District in pictures instead of data, it might end up with the same results as the 2010 Census: Portraits of DC contest.

"And there was much rejoycing." DC passes 2000 #census rate
04/27/2010
D.C. Census Participation Surpasses 2000 Levels - DCist

"And there was much rejoycing." DC passes 2000 #census rate

Not bad, D.C., not bad. New data from the 2010 Census shows that the District of Columbia has now reached a 68 percent level of participation, which means 2 percentage points more of us mailed in our Census forms this year than did in 2000. ...

Way to go, #DC - we matched our 2000 #census response rate at 66%. There's still time to mail back your forms.
04/18/2010
D.C. Matches 2000 Census Participation Rate - DCist

Way to go, #DC - we matched our 2000 #census response rate at 66%. There's still time to mail back your forms.

Yesterday marked the official deadline to return 2010 Census forms via mail. So how'd we do? It was but five days ago that DCist noticed that the District was lagging behind its Census participation of ten years ago by about five percent. ...

04/14/2010

Still haven't filled out your #census form? Call 1-866-872-6868 and they can interview you on the phone

Ludacris talks #census this morning on WPGC, 95.5
04/06/2010
Ludacris Hangs Out With The Big Tigger MorningShow

Ludacris talks #census this morning on WPGC, 95.5

stopped by to encourage people to turn in their 2010 Census. Plus he also shed light on his thoughts on , his Conjure cognac, and more. Peep the interview… DC's #1 For Hip Hop and R&B

Great WaPo article on the Portraits of #DC #census photo contest
04/05/2010
D.C. photography contest seeks to put a face on the city - washingtonpost.com

Great WaPo article on the Portraits of #DC #census photo contest

If there could be a single face of Washington, it might be that of a stately, eightysomething black woman wearing a gray sweater and standing near the rowhouse she she's lived in since the 1940s. She is in her backyard. It's late afternoon. She's wearing no makeup, but a group of five photography...

04/02/2010
Federal Eye - Census director collects forms on Census Day

#census Director Groves helps collect census forms at Ben's Chili Bowl on U St yesterday...

Census Director Robert Groves visited Washington's Ben Chili Bowl on Thursday morning to help collect census forms from nearby residents. In the video above he explains what the agency is doing to promote participation and notes the nation's already high participation rate.

04/02/2010
2010 Census

Director Groves hits the Daily Show, complete with a #census demonstration

Samantha Bee talks to a diverse group who are boycotting the census to protect their privacy. Airdate - //

It's #census day, #DC - no joke.
04/01/2010
Census Day For The 23rd Census of The United States - The Director's Blog

It's #census day, #DC - no joke.

This blog post is cross-posted at The White House Blog. Today is Census Day - the day of reference that defines who to report as living in your household on your 2010 Census form. This morning, President Obama officially declared today "Census Day" in a presidential proclamation. ...

Ludacris wants you to fill out your #census form - and he might be coming door to door in #DC to say it.
03/31/2010
Ludacris Lends Help to the U.S. Census :: Music :: News :: Paste

Ludacris wants you to fill out your #census form - and he might be coming door to door in #DC to say it.

Musicians are working hard to promote the 2010 U.S. Census. First, we saw Morrissey and Mos Def, among others, contribute their music to Vote Latino’s effort to increase census participation. Now, Atlanta rapper Ludacris is lending a hand to the U.S. ...

We're at 44% #DC, let's see if we can beat our 2000 response rate... http://bit.ly/cqbwa2
03/31/2010
Take 10 Map - 2010 Census

We're at 44% #DC, let's see if we can beat our 2000 response rate... http://bit.ly/cqbwa2

Take 10 minutes to fill out your 2010 Census form and mail it back TODAY. If 100% of households mailed back their forms, taxpayers would save $1.5 BILLION dollars. Let's all do our part and mail back our forms!

#WMATA is using #census data to test the impact of fare increases in #DC - census data matters!
03/29/2010
Bus riders see inequities in proposed Metro fare increases - washingtonpost.com

#WMATA is using #census data to test the impact of fare increases in #DC - census data matters!

For the first time, Metro is using Census Bureau and other data to identify the impact of fare and service changes on minorities and households without automobiles, under a mandate from the Federal Transit Administration, said Jim Hamre, Metro's acting director of bus planning.

We're up to 25% on our #census response rate, #DC - still time to send your forms back in the mail.
03/26/2010
Afternoon links: National trends, local impacts - Greater Greater Washington

We're up to 25% on our #census response rate, #DC - still time to send your forms back in the mail.

Google created a real-time Census participation rate tool for the Census Bureau. Iowans seem to be doing a particularly good job of responding. About 25% of DC households have responded, compared to 29% nationally. Fairfax and Loudoun are at 34%. Mail your form back! (Lynda)

03/25/2010

Tomorrow - Steve Harvey is talkin' #census at the Atlas Theater in #DC - 7am to 10am, WHUR 96.3 FM

Address

2000 14th St NW, Fl 4TH
Washington D.C., DC
20009

Alerts

Be the first to know and let us send you an email when DC Counts - 2010 Census posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Nearby government services