October 15th is Global Handwashing Day!
The Zimbabwe National Sanitation and Hygiene Taskforce is excited to announce the 2018 Global Handwashing Day theme: CLEAN HANDS-A RECIPE FOR HEALTH!
This year, the theme celebrates the links between handwashing and food – including food hygiene and nutrition. Handwashing is an important part of keeping food safe, preventing diseases, and helping children grow strong. Our tagline, Clean hands – a recipe for health, reminds us to make handwashing a part of every meal.
Here are a few ways you can make a difference this Global Handwashing Day:
1. Wash your hands with soap at critical times, especially before eating, cooking, or feeding others.
2. Model good handwashing behavior, and remind or help others to always wash their hands before eating.
3. Make handwashing part of your family meals.
4. Establish places to wash your hands in the household, in your community, in schools, workplaces, and in health facilities.
5. Promote effective handwashing behavior change in research, policy, programs, and advocacy.
WATCH THE SPACE, very soon the National Sanitation and Hygiene Taskforce shall be announcing the designated date for the combined commemoration of the 2018 Global Hand Washing Day, World Toilet Day and National Sanitation Week in Zimbabwe.