We are pleased to invite you to participate in a COVID-19 #RotaryResponds one-hour Telethon to raise critical funds for disaster response. This Facebook Live event will be simulcast on the Rotary International page. The goal is to raise more than $1 million dollars. (the link is now live)
Rotary’s 1.2 million members across the globe have taken swift action to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. More than $3.4 million in Rotary Disaster Response Grants have already been put into action on the frontlines to battle COVID-19. Additionally, millions more have been raised by our #PeopleofAction - they have responded quickly and are truly saving lives. Now, we need to do more and the need for additional funding is a priority.
Join this live event to hear stories of hope, inspiration and gratitude from Rotarians, Rotaractors and friends of Rotary from across the globe as they share what they are doing to help their communities. The telethon will also showcase how our polio eradication infrastructure is helping to combat COVID-19.
How can you participate:
1. Participate in the telethon on Facebook Live on 2 May at Rotary International's page (facebook.com/rotary). The live stream will be simulcast in eight languages.
2. Share this event & spread the word through your social media channels.
3. Invite friends, family, and members of your community to watch and see first-hand what Rotary's People of Action are doing to combat COVID-19.
4. Post on social media during the broadcast and on the day of the event using the hashtag #RotaryResponds.
5. Donate as an individual or as a club at http://on.rotary.org/drf [Note: Be sure to login to your My Rotary account to receive your Paul Harris Fellow recognition points.]
6. Encourage your Rotary District to donate District Designated Funds (DDF) at https://on.rotary.org/ddf-donate. (Note: DDF received between April 22st and May 3rd will be considered part of the telethon fundraising total.)
Thank you for all of your assistance in creating awareness about this opportunity to do more Good in the World!