TICA - Thailand Incentive And Convention Association - Who Are We?
TICA’s primary function is to aid the high quality and sustainable growth of Thailand as a preferred destination for meeting, incentive, convention and exhibition events. Since the formation of Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) in 2004 as the public organization responsible for the industry, TICA has been collaborating with TCEB towards mutual objectives.
TICA members in the private sector include hotels and resorts, destination management companies and tour operators, professional convention and exhibition organisers and contractors, professional event management companies, convention and exhibition centers, local attractions, entertainment establishments, advertising agencies, meeting equipment providers and various other industry suppliers. They are all dedicated to providing best services to corporate planners, incentive travel companies, meeting planners and hosts, and exhibition organisers holding their events in Thailand.
Members of the various categories in TICA elect their representatives to the TICA Board of Directors which holds office for a two-year term. From within the Board of Directors, leaders of three working committees responsible for the various TICA activities are appointed
The three committees are Marketing, Membership & Public Relations and Services Development. Also appointed is TICA Executive Committee to oversee the general affairs of TICA which encompasses TICA office administration and projects undertaken by the three committees. Members of TICA Executive Committee comprise vice presidents, secretary general, treasurer, committee chairpersons and co-chairpersons, and invited advisors.
- Promoting Thailand as a preferred destination for meeting, incentive, convention and exhibition events, including the hosting and coordination of educational and familiarisation visits as well as site inspection visits.
- Organising domestic incentive familiarisation trips for corporate executives to encourage the growth of incentive and meeting events within the country.
- Planning and undertaking sales promotional trips, participating in relevant trade shows such as AIME, IMEX, IT&ME, IT&CMA, EIBTM, etc. and joining various promotional activities undertaken by Tourism Authority of Thailand and Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organisation) or TCEB.
- Production of sales aids and promotional materials, such as TICA Press Kit, TICA Membership Directory, website and audio-visual promotional aids.
- Regularly reviewing and evaluating results of all marketing and promotional projects.
Membership & Public Relations
- All matters relating to association membership including the screening of new applications, setting of fees, monitoring of professionalism and ethics, and initiating communications from TICA Board of Directors to members.
- Generating publicity for TICA, its activities and events.
- Supervise production of the association newsletter, known as TICA Update, a bi-monthly publication
- Maintaining TICA Database which consists of incentive organisers, meeting planners, journalists and other concerned parties worldwide
- Organising social events for members to encourage inter-relations, such as the annual year-end party, family rally and sports day and the quarterly TICA Members Get-Together Luncheon meetings.
Activities cover the provision of support facilities and infrastructure for events in Thailand, such as:
- Initiating, producing and developing educational and training projects, including the annual educational seminars organised in major destinations in Thailand in conjunction with SITE Thailand Chapter and other groupings with the aim of providing basic information on organising and holding conventions and incentives for interested member organisations.
- Organising the Biennial Convention Promotion Seminar for government officials and corporate executives responsible for organising meeting and convention events. The seminar aims to encourage the hosting of events by providing knowledge of bidding and organising.
- Developing awareness and knowledge of incentive, convention and exhibition events among service suppliers.
- Developing ways and means to provide and improve assistance and convenience to incentive organisers, meeting planners and exhibition organisers.
- Liaising with government agencies whose duties concern permitting, facilitating, coordinating and assisting business events.
TICA is well equipped, through its excellent consolidation of members, to assist incentive organisers, meeting planners and exhibition organisers holding their events in Thailand.
TICA provides free information about Thailand, venue options, facilities and services available. Also provided are assistance in planning and organising through inspections of hotel, meeting and exhibition venues; selection of ground operators, transport company and other suppliers; suggestion of spouse programmes, suggestion of gifts and meeting materials; and liaising with government agencies such as Tourism Authority of Thailand, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, Customs Department, Immigration Division, Airport Authority, etc.
TICA consistently endeavours to ensure that the infrastructure of Thailand’s events or MICE industry is developed to its full potential.